Is it possible to create powerpoint presentation slide show

Jul 22, 2009 at 10:49 AM

Hi ,

Can anybody know how to create powerpoint presentation slide show i.e  .ppsx  files?

I have downloaded PHPPowerpoint and it is working perfectly in creating and exporting the powerpoint presentation with .pptx extension(Office 2007 PPTX).

But I need the PowerPoint presentation slide show with file extension  .ppsx (for PowerPoint Show 2007).

Can  anybody give solution for this problem.

Thanking you

Jul 28, 2009 at 2:34 PM

Simple.  Just load the pptx file in PowerPoint 2007 and do the following:

In PowerPoint 2007, choose File > Save As > PowerPoint Show and the correct format will be automatically created for you.

That's it!

Sean

Mar 12, 2012 at 5:21 PM

I have the same issue.

I need to create a .pps or .ppsx file through PHP script.

The documentation that comes with the PHPPowerPoint class is missing a lot of sections, specifically the writerType under IOFactory.

Mar 12, 2012 at 10:30 PM

It appears as if simply changing the extension to .pps instead of .pptx in the save command creates a working .pps file.

Does not seem to work with .ppsx, but luckily for my application it's not needed. Only issue remaining is that IE downloads pps files as ppt, c'mon microsoft...

Jul 5, 2012 at 1:04 AM

I thought the point of generating a powerpoint file on the web was to output a dynamic customized presentation to the user. What if your customer doesn't have Powerpoint?

It kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?

Jul 5, 2012 at 1:09 AM
daveseidman wrote:

It appears as if simply changing the extension to .pps instead of .pptx in the save command creates a working .pps file.

Does not seem to work with .ppsx, but luckily for my application it's not needed. Only issue remaining is that IE downloads pps files as ppt, c'mon microsoft...

Are you sure it works?

Have you tried on a system that doesn't have powerpoint?

Maybe the reason why explorer is giving you .ppt is because although you've changed the extension to .pps, explorer is recognizing the file signature as .pps and converting it back to its correct original extension.

Jul 5, 2012 at 2:32 PM

It seems to work everywhere, whether or not the machine has powerpoint installed.

Looks like IE will attempt to open any ppt, pps, pptx, etc file in the browser instead of downloading. I can avoid that by either zipping the file first, or I believe there's a way to modify the htaccess on my server to force a download.