More example use of classes

Dec 2, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Are there more examples of using this set of classes than what is part of the test scripts provided?

Would like to see what other methods exist and how to use them.

thanks

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2010 at 8:25 PM

The production download should include a full set of API documents under /Documentation/API describing all of the classes and their methods. This is built automatically by the release process.

Dec 2, 2010 at 8:30 PM

Mark, I guess I'm not sure how to read the documentation and there are no examples for each method.

So, combined it's my learning curve getting in the way.  Do you know anyone, including yourself, who has played with this more and has developed more extensive examples?

Thanks

Coordinator
Dec 3, 2010 at 8:12 AM

Not at the moment, sorry. PHPPowerPoint was a proof-of-concept spin-off of PHPExcel, and thus far focus has mainly been on implementing features and not on documentation.

Dec 3, 2010 at 8:13 AM

I've played with this quite a bit and will be working on this alot more over the next few months... I have done any extending of it yet.

It'll probably help if you explain what it is you are trying to achieve?

S

Dec 3, 2010 at 2:38 PM

I want to use the class to allow my users to construct presentations from reports that they run on my intranet web site.

The idea is that users can indicate what reports should be put into a slide presentation, what type of slide it is, then

I'd run the report, put it into a PDF, convert it to an image, and insert into the slide deck.  

I'd also like to present thumbnails of the slides to users that show them what they have in the presentation already, but I don't see thumbnails inside the zipped xml archive.

I've used all the examples and they work fine.  One issue I had was that when I try to use a slide layout template from a standard presentation,

the slide template background doesn't render right.  

Anyway, I thought if someone had played with this class, that they'd have more samples.  I'm not quite sure how to read the

documentation file.  A simple sample of showing how to use each method or set each variable would be nice.